Honest Car Dealer Enlightens You with Automobile Trivia
One might say that a dog is man’s best friend, but that’s really only when he isn’t busy thinking about his car. The first car is one that we tend to never forget, just as we don’t forget dinging it for the first time either. What we do tend to be unaware of are the list of crazy facts that have over time compiled together to create the cars that we hold so close to our hearts today. This is where the Honest Car Dealer steps in to enlighten you with random car trivia to expand your mind.
Random Car Trivia You’ll Want to Know
- The first generation of cars appeared in the mid 16th century and used a lever to steer instead of a steering wheel.
- The “Motorola” was the first car radio and was invented in 1929.
- The automobile is the most recycled product in the world.
- A human being will spend on average a total of two weeks of their lifetime waiting on traffic lights to turn green.
- In 1902 the first speeding ticket was given.
- A woman introduced the concept of windshield wipers.
- In 1916, 55% of the world’s cars were T Fords, a record that still stands today.
- It only takes 40 milliseconds for the airbag to inflate after an accident.
- The word “automobile” is a mixture of the French word “auto” which means self, and “mobile” which means moving.
- The first death due to road traffic occurred in 1896 when a woman died after being hit by a passing car.
- In 1925 a Ford automobile would cost you only $625.
- The first automobile racetrack in the United States was the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, which was originally constructed out of three million cobblestones.
- The first automobile insurance policy was purchased in Westfield, Massachusetts in 1897.
- Ferdinand Verbiest invented the first car in 1672.
Honest Car Dealer is Honest About All Things “Car”
Here at Honest Car Dealer, giving you the skinny on things that you don’t know that you may not know is what we are all about. You can trust that we are, as our name implies, honest in bringing you tips and information on all things “car”.
September 29, 2012 by Jamie Rettig